- Home >
- Program Information
- Each submitted application is reviewed and scored by a three member panel within the Fusion Energy Sciences community
- The selection of participants is based on academic records; letters of recommendation; science and engineering background; interests and professional goals; statement of research to be performed; compatibility of research interests with the sponsor’s research programs and resources; and availability of funds, staff, programs, and equipment.
- Preference is given to applicants who request a research facility other than the one where the doctoral degree was obtained.
- Once the application deadline has closed, the review and selection process may take up to four months.
- Initial appointments are for one year and may be extended for one additional year.
- Participants receive an annual stipend of $67,000 plus a stipend supplement to offset the cost of health insurance.
- A one-time $5,000 relocation allowance is provided by the program if the assigned hosting facility is more than 50 miles from the current address shown on the application form.